[Samba] Folder Redirection with NT4 Domains (II)

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Mon Dec 15 10:58:02 GMT 2003

Hi John and all,

I didn´t implement it in a prodution server, but it´s working in my test
server. I´m working with poledit to redirect the "Desktop" and "My
Documents" from the default profile directory to the user´s home directory
on the PDC.

In the file system.adm (got it from win2000 server) there is already a
police to redirect the Desktop folder, I added a police to redirect My
Documents folder, I changed the NTConfig.POL (with the poledit.exe tool) and
it´s working.

There is a single shared profile directory "\\PDC\profiles\template" for all
domain users and the local copy of the profile is erased when the user
logoff. I didn´t finished all the tests I planned to do and there is stil
some problems with implamentation that I hope I can correct til the and of
the year.

I´ll keep you and the list informed about the problems this environment can
bring.

Bruno Pereti.