[Samba] Re: Problems with file date/time creation and modification

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Sat Dec 13 19:47:19 GMT 2003

The dos filetime resolution should have made your server
always return 2s-rounded times. The dos filetimes should
have made it use the same 2s-rounded times even when the
client asks the time with 1s resolution. Now the problem
with 2s resolution only applies to FAT16 volumes. NTFS
uses 1s resolution. So if you set both of those options
to Yes even though your Win volume is NTFS, you'r looking
for trouble. When you copy a file with creation time of
18:30:01 the Samba's OS will correctly copy it as 18:30:01
but since you said it should round the time to 2s resolution
even when explicitely asked for 1s resolution, then it will
say 18:30:00.
What happens when you set both of those options to No?