[Samba] Samba 3 Printing Problems

chris.olson at tietoenator.com chris.olson at tietoenator.com
Fri Dec 12 19:25:26 GMT 2003

Repeatedly getting the following error, any help out there for this?  I've
dug around the internet for several hours with no luck.

[2003/12/11 19:51:34, 2]
rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:find_printer_index_by_hnd(268)
find_printer_index_by_hnd: Printer handle not found:_spoolss_writeprinter:
Invalid handle (OTHER:1583:10554)

Running Debian 3.0r1
Samba 3.0

Been getting the same error on the samba 2 releases as well.

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = MAJIQ
server string = %h server (Samba %v)
security = DOMAIN
min passwd length = 8
passdb backend = smbpasswd, guest
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
client lanman auth = No
client plaintext auth = No
log level = 2
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
server signing = auto
load printers = No
os level = 65
preferred master = No
local master = No
domain master = No
dns proxy = No
wins server = 10.65.1.1
ldap ssl = no
invalid users = root
map acl inherit = Yes
lpq command =
lprm command =

[nagiosconfig]
path = /etc/nagios
force user = nagios
force group = nagios
read only = No

[pdfpickup]
path = /tmp/pdfpickup
force user = pdf
force group = pdf
read only = No

[pdf]
path = /tmp
guest ok = Yes
max print jobs = 10
printable = Yes
print command = /usr/local/bin/printpdf %s
use client driver = Yes

Chris Olson
Manager, Information Systems
TietoEnator Majiq, Inc.
E-Mail: chris.olson at tietoenator.com
Phone: +1-425-881-7100
Fax: +1-425-881-5084
--- Please note my email address has changed ---