[Samba] samba3/ldap/net groupmap fails

Fabien Chevalier fabien.chevalier at supelec.fr
Thu Dec 11 21:18:23 GMT 2003

> > I suppose it must work the same way ...
> >
> > Would you mind trying to add
> > passwd backend = tdbsam ldapsam:ldap://server
> > and try a net groupmap list?
>
> i just tried it, and now get the list of domain groups i would
> expect. now the trouble is the profiles don't load properly on
> the clients. they got logged in with a temp profile. the samba
> logs for my test system show:
>
> [2003/12/11 15:17:41, 0]
> passdb/pdb_tdb.c:tdbsam_getsampwrid(255) pdb_getsampwrid:
> Unable to open TDB rid database!
> [2003/12/11 15:17:57, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(885)
>   eric (192.168.1.118) closed connection to service msmith
> [2003/12/11 15:18:20, 0]
> passdb/pdb_tdb.c:tdbsam_getsampwrid(255) pdb_getsampwrid:
> Unable to open TDB rid database!
>
> i suppose i'm getting this because we're using ldap
> exclusively and don't use tdbsam. any ideas?

It is what i thought of...
When using ldapsam or ldapsam_compat as first backend, you don't have access to domain
default group mappings anymore.
You can still create mappings for your 'classic' nt groups, but only if you know the SID of the group you
want to map.

I don't understand why it is like this...

Fabien