[Samba] using more than one ldap server in smb.conf

Rauno Tuul rauno.tuul at haigekassa.ee
Thu Dec 11 15:02:14 GMT 2003

Hello,

well samba-3 does it without any problems. samba 2.2.x should also be able
to do it.

Have you specified the second ldap server in /etc/ldap.conf ?
uri ldaps://ldap1.com/ ldaps://ldap2.com/

in smb.conf you should have then:
passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap1.com ldaps://ldap2.com"

Andrew helped me out once with this...

regards,

 Rauno