[Samba] XP join and logon

I Wayan Widi Pradnyana zelephoeck at inf.its-sby.edu
Wed Dec 10 15:03:29 GMT 2003

 After detail readings on Samba Doc, at XP's change domain dialog I should
fill the DOMAIN textfield. After filling and then asked for domain admin
username/pwd, but it results "The parameter is incorrect".
As add info, I used ldap+smb query was :

kunti:/home/widi# ldapsearch -x 'uid=root'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope sub
# filter: uid=root
# requesting: ALL
#

# root, Users, ta.its-sby.edu
dn: uid=root,cn=Users,dc=ta,dc=its-sby,dc=edu
sambaSID: S-0-0-1000
sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-0-0-1001
displayName: root
sambaPwdCanChange: 1071067311
sambaPwdMustChange: 2147483647
sambaLMPassword: B705F7DC7EBE22D9093867073ED9B083
sambaNTPassword: AE89347BB397A8D0B1E27E6EF8582B8F
sambaPwdLastSet: 1071067311
sambaAcctFlags: [U          ]
objectClass: sambaSamAccount
objectClass: account
uid: root
cn: root

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Are there something wrong?
I've read Samba-doc, to join domain should by user which uid is 0?
but why 'smbpasswd -a root' create entry with 'uid=root'?

Thanks