[Samba] Having problem on paradox database.

Stewart Chew stewartchew at hartapack.com
Wed Dec 10 09:56:22 GMT 2003

Dear Support,

I'm newbie for this redhat 9 and samba 3.0, i having a problem on =
paradox database with samba file server, can any support would like to =
help. Your help is much appreciated. Will i have 30 PC running on WIn95 =
& Win98 and application Corel Paradox 8. I already configure samba as =
below, it having locking problems and slow.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2003/11/12 09:09:38

# Global parameters
[global]
log file =3D /var/log/samba/%m.log
ldap ssl =3D no
passwd chat =3D *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *passwd: =
*all*authentication*tokens*updated*succe
ssfully*
obey pam restrictions =3D Yes
socket options =3D TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=3D8192 SO_SNDBUF=3D8192
username map =3D /etc/samba/smbusers
passwd program =3D /usr/bin/passwd %u
dns proxy =3D No
netbios name =3D RH9