[Samba] Samba 3.0.0, CUPS support - "Unable to open printcap file cups for read!"

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Tue Dec 9 22:00:21 GMT 2003

> Hopefully a dumb question... but is cups running?  Also, what does an
> lpstat -a show?

"Dumb" questions are usually the right kind to be asking, it's bound to
be something basic that I missed. :-)  However, everything looks ok:

# ps -eaf | grep cupsd
root     21413     1  0 14:04 ?        00:00:00 cupsd
# lpstat -a
ps4 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00

I do find the "Jan 01" date a bit odd, but printing is functioning
normally from outside of samba on this host.

Thanks,
Fran