[Samba] netlogon script generation

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Tue Dec 9 21:07:55 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 12:02, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a doc or a script that shows how to generate netlogon script on the
>   fly and supports users having multiple groups? I tried the Perl script referenced at
> <http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/AdvancedNetworkManagement.html> but I believe it only
> supports the user being a member of one group.

Deryk Robosson wrote some scripts that I modified to parse group
membership (based upon /etc/group which may or may not be best). If you
want to try them you can get them at

http://scnc.lsd.k12.mi.us/~mrambo/netlogon-0.2.tar.gz

I had planned on sending the group updates back to Deryk to see if he
wanted to incorporate them into his release but I never got the preexec
stuff to work so I never sent him the updates.

You're welcome to give them a whirl. We are using the scripts daily but
not in the way which was originally envisioned (much to my chagrin). If
you can get the root preexec stuff to work I'd love to know how you do
it. I tried repeatedly, even with some help from Deryk, and asked a
least a couple of different times on this list for help but I can't get
the root preexec to work for nothing.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us

NOTE: In order to control energy costs the light at the end
of the tunnel has been shut off until further notice...