[Samba] Help with home directories on BDC using LDAP

Kent L. Nasveschuk kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
Tue Dec 9 18:35:13 GMT 2003

Hello,
I'm having problems with creating machine accounts with W2K clients
connecting to a Samba server that is also a BDC.I'm using LDAP as a
backend for Samba 3.0.

I have LDAP running as a master on the PDC and slave on the BDC. I am
unsure where to create the UNIX machine accounts for clients that will
be using the BDC for home directories.

Do the machine accounts (computername$) need to be created on the PDC or
the BDC?

I am able to authenticate to the BDC and access shares as a user but
when I attempt to join the domain with it fails unless I have the
machine account on the PDC.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <kent at wareham.k12.ma.us>