[Samba] quick samba problem

Kristiaan Davies kristiaan.davies at sourcesoftware.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 09:03:48 GMT 2003

Hello all, thanks for the help i got from previous messages, the problem i
got now is when i try and access my SuSe samba system (7.3) from a windows
box it pops up asking for a username and password, i`m not to sure how to
create a user in linux that reflects the login i use in windows so i tryed
all combinations i could come up with to no success, if using swat i set the
directory permissions so that guest accounts are ok to access the directory
and it works but that allows everyone access to the folder, i want these as
private directorys that are only accessable to one PC, could someone pelase
help me or show me the light as to what`s going wrong, i even tryed my Root
account details in the windows box and that fails to open the directory

Thanks
Kris Davies
The Source - Technical Support

--
Source Software Limited. Registered in England & Wales No. 2864963.
Registered Office: Drake House, Plymouth Road, Penarth, CF64 3TP.

Disclaimer:

This message and attachments are confidential and are sent for the
personal attention of the addressee's. If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is
unauthorised.

Information transmitted by email may be intercepted, lost, destroyed,
corrupted or delayed and as a result, Source Software Ltd do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message. If you would like to confirm the contents of this email, please
request a hard copy version.

Although emails are screened for viruses, Source Software Ltd cannot
guarantee that any transmissions will be virus free.