[Samba] Trying to join a Windows 2003 domain

Jeremy Phillips jeremy.phillips at wpni.com
Mon Dec 8 22:17:35 GMT 2003

Hey group I'm trying to join a windows 2003 AD domain with Samba 3.0 and
Solaris 9. When I run the net ads join command

root# net ads join -U Administrator%password

I get returned to the root# with out joining the domain.

When I run the net join -S=server -U Administrator%password I get the
following response:

net join -S Server -U Administrator%password

realm must be set in smb.conf for ADS join to succeed.

ADS join did not work, falling back to RPC...

Joined domain "Domain."

The server joins the domain but I get the following error in 2003:

The session setup from computer 'Server' failed because the security
database does not contain a trust account 'Server$' referenced by the
specified computer.

Any one have any ideas? My smb.conf file follows:

Global parameters

[global]

        workgroup = DOMAIN

        realm = DOMAIN.COM