[Samba] Samba NTFS permissions

Charles Hamel hamelc at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 8 16:14:52 GMT 2003

Hi

Samba 3 now supports ACLs, it can either use POSIX ACL (kernel level)
or a built-in engine (Correct me if I am wrong)

Using the builtin one, I heard many reports of people login in the
domain as admins and setting the permissions using the windows file
security dialog box. Note that you must compile Samba w/acls to enable
this feature.

Hope it helps
Charles Hamel