[Samba] CVS checkout problems to Samba 3.0

Felix Brack fb at ltec.ch
Mon Dec 8 11:19:05 GMT 2003

After upgrading a Samba 2.2.8 to a 3.0.0 I am having problems to checkout
data from a CVS repository to a location on the Samba server. Checking out
the same data to a local disk or to a location on a Samba 2.2.8 server does
work without any problems.

Sample structure in CVS repository:

dir_1
  |____dir_2
         |______file_1
         |______file_2

I normaly checkout starting from dir_1 so dir_2 and the files are generated
automatically. Trying to do so, when the target is on Samba 3.0.0 ends with
an error message, saying that dir_1 cannot be created. Any directory or
file below dir_1 is mising after the ceckout.
When I create the directory structure on the target Samba 3.0.0 server
BEFORE running the above checkout, the checkout runs fine.

As stated above, doing exactly the same thing (checking out dir_1) to a
localy attached disk or a Samba 2.2.8 server works fine.

Any idea what went wrong when configuring the samba server? Is there any
new (relevant to this problem) option I should change or set in smb.conf?

Many thanks, Felix

Felix Brack
LTEC AG
Hauptstrasse 66