[Samba] Samba 3 tdb's

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Fri Dec 5 21:39:05 GMT 2003

Which samba 3 tdb's are safe to have smb regenerate on startup?

I know in Samba 2 you can remove everything except winbindd_idmap,
share_info, and the nt* tdb's.  Is it the same for samba3?

Reason I asked is I just had a pretty bad failure on 3.0.1pre3 that
started with bad magic errors in connections.tdb, after a few hours grew
into sessionid.tdb, and finally winbind problems (though no bad magic,
got "string_to_sid: Sid
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBB does not start with 'S-'." failures, followed by other
string_to_sid errors which were obviously off (like
"429224891-1907648334-26069 BC007167$" and
"-5-21-2020293289-429224891-1907648334-2601willi" not starting with S-).
Winbind bailed shortly afterwards, though I started back up again with
the same winbind tdb's and had no immediate problems...

I hope to be on rc1 soon,
~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.