[Samba] samba 3.0 responding very slow.

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Thu Dec 4 14:08:42 GMT 2003

Hello, Nidhi_Seth at contractor.amat.com,

Mittwoch, 03. Dezember 2003, 23:40 you wrote:

Ncac> We have upgraded samba 2.2.8 to 3.0 on solaris2.8
Ncac> Since the upgrade the response of samba is very slow. Shall I do some
Ncac> performance tuning etc.

Ncac> Also our Unix SA did not do the complete upgrade, he has put the binaries
Ncac> of samba 3.0 and samba 2.2.8 is still intact.
Ncac> I have made sure using ps -ef|grep smbd that samba3.0 services are
Ncac> running.

How would you know that the smbd you see is Samba-3?

Get rid of the version-mix. Why would you want to have it that way?

Be sure that there are only Samba-3-binaries on that host, or at least
in your PATH and start-scripts.

Then watch your logs for anything looking out of way.
Tuning the socket options is a thing you can do after basic operation
is up and running smooth.

Samba-3 is able to be fast, VERY fast, so go and get it.

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at