[Samba] Problems with winbind

Felix Costa felix at online.eti.br
Thu Dec 4 12:07:48 GMT 2003

Hi There,

I'm trying to get my linux authenticate users against a win2k3 box.
I'm using samba 3.0 and my smb.conf file looks like:

[global]
        #server name = teste
        workgroup = conexao
        encrypt passwords = yes
        security = domain
        password server = *
        os level = 33
        local master = No
        winbind use default domain = yes
        oplocks = no
        winbind separator = +
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind cache time = 10

I added my samba box into de win2k3 domain like this:

net rpc join -S servidor -U administrador
Joined domain CONEXAO.

Everthing works ok here, then i added to /etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files nisplus nis
group:      files winbind

I've started smbd, nmbd and winbindd. So I did:

wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

wbinfo -a administrador%rt56nb32
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

Till here everything is working ok but when I do wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g I got the following error:

Error looking up domain users

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

--
Felix Costa		          __	    Seja livre         __0
On Line Soluções em Informática	 0\/0	    use LINUX :-)    _`\<,_