[Samba] separating samba accounts from unix account?

Per Kofod per at sgi.com
Thu Dec 4 11:55:32 GMT 2003

There need to be a unix account for all the users
( unless you use security=domain combined with smbbind )
but you can just put an "*" in the password field of
/etc/passwd or /etc/shadow depending on what you use,
or set their shell to "/bin/false" that way they will not
be able to log into unix

Per