[Samba] Re: sorry, but that's no help for me :/ andrew, john, .... no help out there :D ???

Marcel Ammerlaan marcel at artefact.nl
Thu Dec 4 10:18:19 GMT 2003

Michael Gasch wrote:

> 	but that's no help for me :/
>
> 	andrew, john, .... no help out there
>  :D ???
>
> 	greez
>
> 	Leonardo Boselli wrote:

I normally fix this using extended attributes. I find
it bad form (also for Windows servers) to have security
on shares and the filesystem itself (it creates a mess:
need to look in two places to check security).

With extended attributes you resolve this quite nicely.
So, I have the share open for all and _only_ have security
applied on the filesystem. See: http://acl.bestbits.at for
more info on extended attributes and ACLs for Linux.

regards,

marcel