[Samba] Windows XP Pro (client) with Samba 3 Server

Bryan Chow bryan at veryfresh.com
Tue Dec 2 23:39:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

I had the same problem as you described for both XP Home
and XP Pro clients. Try the following settings in the
[global] section of your smb.conf:

  security = user
  encrypt passwords = yes

I assume that you already have entries in smbpasswd for
each of the users accessing the system.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

----- Ryan D. Hatch <rhatch at leadership-solutions.net> -----