[Samba] Directory Server

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Tue Dec 2 18:09:27 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:01 , John H Terpstra <jht at samba.org> sent:

>On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, McKeever Chris wrote:
>
>> John, thanks
>
>> that is what I suspected, although I think there was an update in aug
>> 2003 (maybe it was late and it was 2002).. seemed like they had some
>> good initatives going.
>
>Agreed. do you realise that the success rate for great ideas has not
>changed much in 30 years of monitoring: It's still 1 in 52.
>
>In other words, we should expect 51 failures before we see project that
>booms. Therefore - no disappointment, next ...  :)

interesting, I wonder though who proclaims the idea as great, the idea originator or those that are observing it.  I would imagine (but I
probably am wrong) that if an idea is truly great, it would be supported and nutured till fruition by the observers, like Samba and other great
initiatives...if the originator claims it great, it may just be a pipe dream with very little real work application

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
http://www.prupref.com

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com