[Samba] Windows 2000 Suse 9.0

denis denis.dupont at arpem.org
Tue Dec 2 12:18:52 GMT 2003

Hi,

PROBLEM : I'm not able to use the printer connected to a windows 2000
machine.

INSTALLATION: I have 3 PCs.

     - One is a windows 2000 PC with the printer connected to it
     - One is a redhat machine
     - One is a Suse 9.0 machine.

The redhat machine is able to print to the samba printer, not the Suse
one.

smbclient -L //secretariat shows identical data on both Linux machines

Domain=[TUX-NET] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
        D$             Disk      Default share
        print$         Disk      Printer Drivers
        HPLaserJ       Printer   HP LaserJet 4
        ADMIN$         Disk      Remote Admin
        C$             Disk      Default share

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        SECRETARIAT

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        TUX-NET              SECRETARIAT

on the Suse machine this command line prints "ouf" to the printer
correctly.

>echo -en "\rouf\r\f" | smbclient "//secretariat/HPLaserJ" "tugudu" -c
'print -' -N -U "denis"

In other words everything works but I'm not able to create a printer
connection with Yast2. When I lookup hosts it gives the IP of the
windows machine and never accept the queue name (HPLaserJ)

Ideas ?

thanks
Denis