No subject

Mon Dec 1 12:27:21 GMT 2003

/usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p  -J"$a" -U%m %s;\
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p  -J"Test by Jim" -U%m %s;\
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p  -J$a -U%m %s;\
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p  -J%J -U%m %s;\
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p  -J"%J" -U%m %s;\

But according to /tmp/junkJ, $a is the windows file name, not
the spool file name.  So does the control file in the
spool directory.

If I send a file to the Lanier from the command line,
the file name is always listed as the Document Name.
e.g.
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P2138  -Jlmhosts /etc/samba/lmhosts
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P2138  -J"lmhosts" /etc/samba/lmhosts
/usr/local/bin/lpr -P2138  -J"This is lmhosts" /etc/samba/lmhosts

lpq shows the file name as either "lmhosts" or
"This is lmhosts", but the Lanier shows it as
/etc/samba/lmhosts

Maybe I'm off the mark here...and the Lanier is the bozo.

I don't think so yet, because it's only displaying what
the samba server/LPRng are passing on to it.  Or is it?
How does it get the smbprn.yada.yada as the filename?

LPRng is sending the right info, as far as lpq shows;  but
it isn't sending the right info to the Lanier, as far as
the Doc Name of smbprn.yada.yada shows.

What part Samba is playing, I'm not sure yet.  It all
seems to be working as it should, but I'm not
satisfied.

Jim