No subject

Mon Dec 1 12:27:21 GMT 2003

drivers on the server.  If this is the case I suspect you may need "use
client driver = yes" in your printer share.  For details please see the
manpage for smb.conf, but here are a few snips...

       use client driver (S)
              This  parameter  applies  only  to  Windows NT/2000
              clients. It  has  no  affect  on  Windows  95/98/ME
              clients.  When serving a printer to Windows NT/2000
              clients without first installing  a  valid  printer
              driver  on  the  Samba  host,  the  client  will be
              required to install a local  printer  driver.  From
              this point on, the client will treat the print as a
              local printer and not a network printer connection.
		<snip>
              If  the  user  possesses
              local  administator  rights but not root privilegde
              on the Samba host (often the case), the  OpenPrint-
              erEx()  call  will  fail.  The  result  is that the
              client will now display an "Access  Denied;  Unable
              to  connect"  message  in  the printer queue window
              (even though jobs may successfully be printed).
            <snip>
              Default: use client driver = no

Hope this helps!
~ Daniel