No subject

Mon Dec 1 12:27:21 GMT 2003

with samba WITHOUT using winbind. Sorry, but this is not acceptible for
me (and for sure quite a few other people).

If it is by design that winbind does the lookup of sids and if it is
also by design that winbind is the final authority on uids, then the
design is not the best. I would prefer to have two separate instances
for resolving sids to names and for resolving names to uids. The way
you have implemented it so far forces users to quit their nameservice
and use the M$ one.

Am I right?

Christopher