No subject

Mon Dec 1 12:27:21 GMT 2003

corresponding UNIX user (or dummy entry in the password file) for each
NT user who you want to authenticate. This works for us,  my NT karen
account gets matched to my Unix Karen account, new files I create from
the PC side get assigned the correct Unix UID,  my login directory is
shared via [HOMES] correctly, etc as long as I don't run winbindd.

However, when I turn on winbindd,  the NT karen account now gets
mapped to "domainname+karen" instead of "karen", so UID's don't match,
 and my home login directory isn't being shared to my NT Karen
account. Aren't the NT user names supposed to map to the UNIX user
name if one exists? We want the features of winbind so we don't have
to have a corresponding UNIX account for each NT user,  but we want
matching usernames to map automatically for those users who DO have
accounts on both sides.  It works when winbind is not running,  why
doesn't this work when I run winbind?  Is there some other parameter I
have to set to make this happen?

Thanks for your help ,
        Karen Wieprecht

Karen Wieprecht