No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

What is password sync and should I use it ?

   NTws users can change their domain password by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del
   and choosing 'Change Password'. By default however, this does not
   change the unix password (typically in /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow).

(...)

How do I get remote password (unix and SMB) changing working ?

   Have a practice changing a user's password (as root) to see what
   discussion takes place and change the text in the 'passwd chat' line
   below as necessary. The line as shown works for recent RH Linux but
   most other systems seem to like to do something different. The '*' is
   a wild card and will match anything (or nothing).

   Add these lines to smb.conf under [Global]

                unix password sync = true
                passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
                passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successful*

(...)

A Dilluns 22 Octubre 2001 11:48, Mark A. Tagliaferro va escriure:
> I'm sending this again because i never got an answer!
>

> Is it possible to change the linux pasword from a windows or dos machine
> connected via samba?

Regards,
Pep.