No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

is that it is difficult to determine when to convert.  With FTP, most
of the developers utilize a user defined file extension list that isn't
too reliable.
A coworker came up with an alternative for our FTP apps that was much
more reliable.  What he did was evaluate the first 1K bytes of data to
determine if it was a binary or ascii file.

I don't have time to work on this, but if someone on the Samba Team
wants more info, I'll see what I can remember and try to get them in
contact with the original author.

Bryan

--- "MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1)" <don_mccall at hp.com> wrote:
> Charles,
> The reason you got this type of answer, partially, is because
> this topic has been discussed <to death> on this list several
> times.  You might want to take a look at the searchable archives
> for the samba lists, and see what was decided and why, and other
> suggestions for your issue.
> Hope this helps,
> Don

$//', why bother?