No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

share -

xcopy /d /e c:\somedir w:\somedir
xcopy /d /e w:\somedir c:\somedir

This should have the behavior of making the two directory
structures identical, with newer files on one overwriting older
or missing files on the other.

This only behaves as expected for about half the files. For some
files, Windows always wants to re-copy files to the Samba share.
I have looked at the files it wants to copy, and the dates and
sizes match, so this shouldn't happen!

This problem does not occur when copying between two local
directories, and does not happen if I copy between the Windows
box and another Windows share.

Why does this happen? Is there some way to prevent this?