No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

       logon home (G)
              This parameter can be used with Win9X  workstations
              to  ensure  that  roaming  profiles are stored in a
              subdirectory of the user's home directory. This  is
              done in the following way:

              logon home = \\%N\%U\profile

       logon path (G)
              This parameter specifies the home  directory  where
              roaming  profiles (NTuser.dat etc files for Windows
              NT) are stored.

              Windows clients can sometimes maintain a connection
              to the [homes] share, even though there is no  user
              logged  in.   Therefore, it is vital that the logon
              path does not include  a  reference  to  the  homes
              share  (i.e.  setting this parameter to \%N\%U\pro­
              file_path will cause problems).

              Default: logon path = \\%N\%U\profile

The questions I have about the above are:

If setting logon path to \%N\%U\path is a bad thing, why is it the
default?

If windows clients sometimes maintain a connection to the
homes share with no user logged on, doesn't this cause a problem for
Win9x machines, or is it only NT machines that do this?

What happens if no profile directory exists in the users home share
in the win9x case, are roaming profiles not enabled, or is it created
automatically?

Alex

PS. please cc me off list, I don't subscribe any more.