No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

more specific on what your problem is?

cheers, jerry
 http://www.valinux.com/     VA Linux Systems      gcarter at valinux.com
 http://www.samba.org/          SAMBA Team             jerry at samba.org
 http://www.plainjoe.org/                           jerry at plainjoe.org

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:53:41 -0400
From: "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver at samera.com.py>
To: Liu Buquan <bqliu at nudt.edu.cn>
Cc: "samba at samba.org" <samba at samba.org>
Subject: Re: How to integrate Windows 2000 pcs?
Sender: samba-admin at lists.samba.org

Samba 2.2.1a works with Windows2000.
Also, if you run Win2000 in workgrup mode, you will also be able to
see the PC in network neighbor in samba 2.0.x and 2.2.x

Good luck
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.
oliver at samera.com.py
Asuncion-Paraguay

From: "Rogelio J. Baucells" <rogelio at ats-corp.com>
To: "'samba at lists.samba.org'" <samba at lists.samba.org>
Subject: Re: winbindd problem
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:04:59 -0400
Sender: samba-admin at lists.samba.org

Hello

Every time I try to login to the linux computer using a DOMAIN\username
account, I got this errors in the event log (log.winbindd) and the result is
Access Denied

"smbd/password.c:domain_client_validate(1572)  domain_client_validate: could
not fetch trust account password for domain"

I wrote in another post (Subject: winbindd?) that it seams that this error
message is incomplete (if you look at the code "smbd/password.c" line 1572)
it should be logging my domain name at the end of the message.

If I access this computer throu the network (I created by hand the home
directory of one of the domain accounts "/home/DOMAIN/username" and chown,
chmod it) I do not have any problem (smbd, nmbd is authenticating the user
with the PDC).

The only thing is not working is winbindd.

Is there any other test I can do to find the problem?

Thanks

Rogelio J.
ATS