No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

To the server from the local disk	7 mins 38 seconds

Copying from and two the samba server from nt/win2k clients is okay, I
didn't get a chance to get figures for this :/

I saw a post similar to this suggesting that it was a NIC problem and
that it was in full duplex mode? Im not sure I could check this on a dos
client. any suggestions?

We are using a 10mbit dumb hub.

The server that is running samba:
# uname -a
FreeBSD nibbler 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #1: Thu Jun 21
15:04:45 IST 2001     jev at nibbler:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NIBBLER
i386

It has softupdates enabled.

Here is a copy of my smb.conf file, I have not made much adjustments in
aid of performance yet, I don't think this would be causing the problems
with the dos client, so I would like to fix the dos client problem
before I actually start tweaking the config...

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to be forced to
switch back to NT4 server!

Kinds Regards,
-Jev

[global]
	netbios name = NIBBLER
	comment = The PDC
	workgroup = THEDOM
	os level = 64
	preferred master = yes
	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	security = user
	encrypt passwords = yes
	domain logons = yes
	wins support = yes

	logon drive = H:
	logon home = \\nibbler\%u

	; generic logon script relative dos path name to the [netlogon] share
	logon script = logon.cmd

# Netlogon share is samba can run as a PDC

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/home/shares/netlogon
	writeable = no
	write list = ntadmin

# Our shares
[homes]
	guest = no
	read only = no
[deck]
	comment = deck
	path = /usr/home/shares/deck
	public = no
	create mode = 664
	directory mask = 775
	writeable = yes

--
http://www.ecad.org/~jev/jev.gpg
Key fingerprint = 748B 2346 1683 6384 5E8D  4EE3 0807 EADB 999E AB95