No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

And route print?
Do you have any servers on the WAN? (or is everyone connecting to the
servers THROUGH the WAN?)
Can you see the samba machines at all in network neghborhood?
What happens when you type in the UNC of a samba server manually? (i.e.
\\SAMBASERVERNAME)

I hope I can help you, and I'm trying, but I'm not a samba guru.

-Dan

PS.  Please change your email type to PLAIN TEXT from the Tools->Options
menu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert at msia.org [mailto:Robert at msia.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 4:26 PM
To: Dan Browning
Subject: RE: Samba over WAN

Hi Dan,

We implement primary and backup Domain Controllers for our Domain, and all
of this information has been inputted to the Samba servers. I can browse
them fine on the LAN, but not on the WAN. The WAN does not bridge, rather it
uses a forwarding scheme, forwarding all requests to the DC/MB. Have you had
success with Samba? Do you know Samba to be operable in a purely routed
environment?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Peake