No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

returned when copying a file to the VFAT drives on the
linux machine. EXT2 partitions can be accessed without
any problems.

Further more, small files (less than about 90kb) can
be copied to the VFAT drive without any problems.

After close observation of the log files, i think
Samba is interpreting the 'Operation not permited'
message as a 'Permision Denied' Error message. I am
also seeing 'Sharing Violation' errors messages in the
log files.

I am fairly sure this is a bug because i have had no
problems with 2.2x kernels.

Replication:
Slackware linux with kernel 2.4.x
vfat drives present and mounted with appropriate
permissions
Basic smb.conf with appropriate settings to allow
access to the vfat mount point.
Windows 95 client using client for microsoft networks.

I would like to know if this is a bug, and if so what
i need to do to patch it.

email craigshelley at yahoo.com