No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

7 box, DAFFY. I can telnet to DAFFY.  Using the NT Explorer I can see the
Samba server but when I try to access it I get the message "\\DAFFY is not
accessible, network path not found".

When using the command line the error looks like this (note that the share
exists)

E:\>net use h: \\daffy\samba * /USER:dirk
Type the password for \\daffy\samba:
System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

The configuration looks like this:
NT----PPTP---NT/RAS-----RH 7/ Samba

The local configuration NT-----RH 7/ Samba works fine.

Is this related to different protocols that are used (NetBIOS, PPTP, TCP/IP)
in combination with the RAS-device?

++Dirk

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith G. Murphy [mailto:keithmur at mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 11:46 AM
To: samba at us5.samba.org
Cc: dirk.hamstra at iona.com
Subject: Re: Samba and VPN

Dirk Hamstra wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have printers, files shared to all windoze platforms in my group. Now I
> want to also access the samba box via a VPN. So configuration:
>
> NT----PPTP---NT/RAS-----Linux 7
>
> Any experience with this type of config? Quick test shows the samba host
but
> when I try to access it the network path is not found.

Well, my setup is:

Win95----PPTP---InterJet----Debian (what is Linux 7? You mean RedHat 7?)

I can virtual network just fine from my Win95 box at home, then telnet
to my Debian Linux box, or whatever else I want to do.

But I don't have much need to do Samba stuff per se from there.  What
*exactly* are you trying to do?  Then maybe I can try it out.