Compatibility between Samba-DOSEMU ...

marciopc at insinuante.com.br marciopc at insinuante.com.br
Mon Dec 1 11:08:19 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am with a little problem that you could help. I have a network with a
file server running red-hat linux. This server runs samba. It works very well,
but I need to execute my aplication on the server too. For this I use DOSEMU.
When I am using DOSEMU, the files frequently are corrupted. I posted a message
to a list of DOSEMU and they answered with this:

"It may be file/record locking problem: both dosemu
and samba have some methods to signal the locking, but if
these methods are different, one does not see locks of the
another. I do not know samba, but I needed to fix mars for
the same reason (lack of locking common for mars & dosemu)."

Could you help me with information about the file/record locking of Samba ? Or
maybe you know how to solve this problem ...

Thanks for all and
Sorry my
english...