[Samba] Samba 2.2.8 and domain logons

Govindarajan govindarajan at hotpop.com
Sun Aug 31 16:24:20 GMT 2003

Hi all,
	We have around 15 computers (win2k+sp4) and a Linux samba server(mandrake).
Samba is configured for domain logons. I have included the "domain admin
group" parameter in smb.conf and the group is called "admin". Till yesterday
things were OK, everyone was able to login to the domain. Today, out of the
blue, domain logins are not happening. Log files do not give a clue as to
what's happening.

The windows clients throw out an error message saying "Unable to load your
roaming profile.... logging in with your local profile". Does this mean that
authentication is going OK and that only the roaming profile is not being
loaded? I checked the perminssions on the profile folders and everything
seems to be OK. Where do I need to look? I'll be glad if someone could point
me in the right direction.

If any further information is needed to troubleshoot this issue please let me
know. Also, I'll email the smb.conf in a day as I am at home right now. BTW I
followed the procedure as described in the IBM samba document.

--
Govind