[Samba] Domain Local Groups

Tom Dickson tdickson at inostor.com
Fri Aug 29 21:37:57 GMT 2003

If I have an NT Domain (MAIN) that has a one way trust to another domain
(SUB), and I define domain local groups on the domain SUB with members from
MAIN, can Samba 3.0 be made to see those groups? (Everything is NT only)

Or does it only work with 2000 AD Native mode?

ASCII ART:

------                    -----                ----------
|MAIN|=>=>=one=way=trust=>|SUB|================|Samba3.0|
------                    -----                ----------
  |                         \                          |
  MAIN\bob                   (G)SUB\DomainLocalGroup   |
  MAIN\tom                     |                       /
                               \MAIN\bob              /
                               \MAIN\tom             /
            /
          (SMB.CONF)

[testshare]
valid users=SUB+DomainLocalGroup
write users=SUB+DomainLocalGroup

which should allow

MAIN+bob and MAIN+tom to write to the share.

Thank you!

-Tom