Fw: [Samba] Forcing password changes using SAMBA as PDC

Enrico Payne enricop at pharma.co.za
Fri Aug 29 10:34:35 GMT 2003

Hi, I did as suggested, and still have the same problem.

I am still able to login to samba with another users password that does not
require password changes. This seems to me that the problem is related to
PAM password changing. I have tried change the various PAM options in the
smb.conf file, but cannot get it to work. Depending on the options, it
either asks for a password or not. When it asks for the password, I get the
cannot find the domain error on the client and the PAM ERROR 12 on the
syslog.

Regards
Enrico