[Samba] Any way to make copies over samba work like 'cp -p' ?

Leon Out leon-lists at comvision.com
Thu Aug 28 15:36:18 GMT 2003

I'm having a problem when copying a particular samba-shared directory.
The dir contains some folders which are world-writable, but the
top-level dir is not world-writable. The "directory mode" is set to
2775 (the 2 is for set-gid). When I copy this folder, all of the new
folders are 2775, instead of 2777. Is there any way to make this copy
behave like 'cp -p', where the attributes of each file are preserved?

Thanks!