[Samba] Re: No Getent

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Thu Aug 28 15:07:28 GMT 2003

Brian C Otto wrote:

>Hmm.  you're doing a 'net ads join -U administrator'  ?

    Actually, I do ...

[root at dctest-01 root]#kinit -V Administrator at REALM.CORP
Password for Administrator at REALM.CORP:
Authenticated to Kerberos v5

    then

[root at dctest-01 root]# net ads join -U Administrator
Administrator password:
[2003/08/28 15:05:07, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1305)
  Host account for dctest-01 already exists - deleting old account
Joined 'DCTEST-01' to realm 'REALM.CORP'

    If I don't use a capital "A" in administrator, Kerberos will not
authenticate.

>check to make sure that the /lib/security/pam_winbind.so  is
>up-to-the-samba-rpm date.

[root at dctest-01 root]# rpm -qf /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
samba-common-3.0.0rc1-1lnx2
    Which I believe is correct.

>I didn't use the rpm's  ( I needed ACL support, so had to use SuSE, and compile
>it myself) so most of my problems were due to the versions of kerberos I tried
>to use, and whether or not it had LDAP support built in.

    I have build my own rpms from the src.rpm, seeing that I need a few
changes of my own ... but I use rpms, because I have a better idea of
the same binaries between systems.

Mailed
Lee