[Samba] Net rpc vampire : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at edfgdf.fr
Thu Aug 28 10:26:04 GMT 2003

Hi !

I'm trying to migrate accounts from my NT4 server, I followed each step
described in the HOWTO :

- tunred off samba
- set domain master at "No" in config file
- created groups + mappings as it is advised to
- created the BDC account in the NT4 server manager
- net rpc join'ed the domain

but when I try to vampire user/group accounts, here is what I get :

# net rpc vampire -S MYDC-NT4 -U Administrator
Fetching DOMAIN database
Failed to fetch domain database: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

A 5th-level debug gives the following result :

[2003/08/28 12:42:58, 5] rpc_parse/parse_prs.c:prs_ntstatus(664)
      0034 status: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Failed to fetch domain database: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Nothing interesting... I suppose I haven't correctly created the BDC
account on my NT machine... Am I right ? How can I do that ? Do I have to
turn Samba on before vampiring ?

The is also something strange : net doens't ask for the Administrator
password, that may be why It can't access the NT4 server, but even with
%mypassword, it doenst work... Is there another way of specifying the
password ? Could it be the source of my problem ?

Thank you,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE.