[Samba] Re: No Getent

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Thu Aug 28 08:20:11 GMT 2003

Brian C Otto wrote:

>Make sure that libnss_winbind.so and libnss_winbind.so.2  (in /lib) are
>the versions built in the nsswitch directory of the samba build, and
>that you've run ldconfig -V to link them properly.

    I have, I am used both RedHat RawHide src.rpm and Samba's makerpm.sh
to create the binaries that I install.

>w/o those files (one is a link to the other) it won't work right.  Also,
>/etc/nsswitch.conf needs to be setup, obviously.  There may be a few
>other steps to get getent working I'll try and remember them all.

    I believe I have setup the nsswitch.conf file correctly.  The funny
thing this that I am able to see files owned by a AD user if I have done
wbinfo -S <SID>.  But I can't chown, it tell's me invalid user.

Mailed
Lee