[Samba] Implementation Issues - WinXP and Profiles - Help

kurt weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Thu Aug 28 05:55:32 GMT 2003

u do not *have to* use roaming profiles.
if u create a user with same passwd on samba, u can use all shares on
the server.

if this is not enough (logon scripts does'nt work, if u're not joined
the domain) then work like this:
1) creates the domain user on samba.
2) logon your client as admin (with admin rights on samba).
3) copy the local profile of this user to the 'profiles/name' place on
samba.
4) change the owner and rights to the given user on the profile.
5) logon with name/domain from your client.
6) if u don't want to use roaming profiles further, change the type of
the profile to 'local' (after first login, there's a new profile for the
domain user. but it's switched to 'server based).

it sound's more work than it is... :-)

i hope i helped u
gk