[Samba] LDAP auth without unix account

David Bronson dbron at roman.net
Wed Aug 27 19:28:30 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I am using Samba 3.0.beta2 and have successfully set up LDAP auth on the
PDC. Thanks for a really great tool.

I would like to enable samba logins without users actually having a
unix account on the machine. Home directories are mapped to another
samba box with policies. I have enabled nss_ldap, but users without a
unix account get nt_status_logon_failure. When I add the unixaccout and
delete the ldap entry an recreate the user in ldap, the login works. Do
I need to add the posixaccount attribute to make this work? I have googled
but found no help so far, if there is a link I overlooked, I would appreciate a
url.

Currently, I am adding users to the unix box with adduser and adding
samba users with smbpasswd.

Thank You in advance,

--
David Bronson