[Samba] Implementation Issues - WinXP and Profiles - Help

Corey Hart chart at acad.stedwards.edu
Wed Aug 27 17:26:04 GMT 2003

running Samba 2.2.8a as a PDC.  Have lots and lots of WindowsXP machines
already configured in the field and being used.  I do not want to use
roaming profiles.   On all the WinXP currently in use they have a local
profile associated for everyone that uses the machine.  I want to be able
to associate this local profile to be used with their domain logon.  Does
anyone know how to accomplish this?  I tried created an account on the
machine, username\domain and then moving then associating the local
profile with that user, but that does not work.  It will not use the local
profile, but will create a new local profile and use it.  This is very
important because many users have their desktop configured to their
liking, along with program files, my documents, etc.

If I am not clear, please let me know and I will be more than happy to try
to explain again.  Also I am willing to give someone a call if they want
to discuss it over the phone.

cheers!

--
----