[Samba] Windows 2003 + winbind = hell

Aaron_Colichia at Dell.com Aaron_Colichia at Dell.com
Wed Aug 27 15:41:19 GMT 2003

Hi,

I want to set up authentication using samba 2.2.7 winbind and pam with
Windows 2003.

The Windows 2003 server is set up in "mixed mode".

I follow the HOWTO, set up smb.conf and join the samba server to the domain.

I hit a road block when 'getent passwd' yields no active directory users.

I have been trying to get this running for two days, and I am beginning to
think Windows 2003 and winbind don't like each other.

If anyone can enlightenmen me as to where the problem is, please do.