[Samba] Samba 3.0 and Win2000 PoliciesHi,

Julien dupre_julien at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 27 09:56:11 GMT 2003

Hi,
I have Samba 3.0 and win2000 clients. I can join the domain with my
machine and after a reboot I can log in as a domain user without
problem. In fact I log in as the domain admin. Good!
Then, I try to play with the policies and I launch
the MMC snap in called "Active Directory Users and Computers" as
described in the SAMBA HOWTO COLLECTION chapter 23.2.3.1. When I
launch the snap in I receive an error: (It was originally in French,
but a translation of this message in english would be the following:)
"Names information cannot be found because:
The specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted.
Contact your system admin to check that the domain is well configured
and that is connected".
That s strange because as I said before I loged in on the machine as
a domain user, so the domain is reachable....
Anyway the "Active Directory Users and Computers" appli appears after
some seconds if I press the OK button but then I cannot do
anything. I tryed Action -> Connect to the domain or
Action -> Connect to the domain controler but nothing works.
For example if I do:
Action -> Connect to the domain controler
then in the field:
Current Domain controller
	Replace by:
I type the name of my Samba server, it will say:
Impossible to connect to the domain controller before Windows 2000.

Any hints ?
Thanks in advance.
Julien.