[Samba] Trouble shooting winbind ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Tue Aug 26 21:38:48 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

    Once again I have spent a day tring to get winbind doing what I
believe it should be doing, but with no luck, so I am asking if anybody
would be able to help me ...

    I have checked admin details, with kinit -V and they are fine.  Then
join by Samba box to AD domain, done an "net ads testjoin", which is
okay.  Then do a "wbinfo -t", which is also okay.  Able to do wbinfo
"-u", "-g", "-n", "-S" which works fine. If I run getent passwd, I don't
get any AD users in the list, unlike my LDAP system which I am using as
a bench for setup.

    Does anybody have any hints for me?

Thanks
Mailed