[Samba] dual smb/nmb for interfaces

Patrik Gustavsson PS Sweden Senior Technical Consultant Patrik.Gustavsson at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 26 11:38:51 GMT 2003

Hi,

I  use the following parameters in the  smb.conf file(s):

interfaces = hahostix1/255.255.0.0
bind interfaces only = Yes    (Bind nmbd/smbd only to the defined
interfaces)
lock dir = /opt/SAMBA/locks    ( Store lock info in a another directory )
pid directory = /opt/SAMBA/var/locks    (Store pid-files in a another
directory )
log file = /opt/SAMBA/logs/logfile
smb passwd file = /opt/SAMBA/private/smbpasswd     (Were to store the
smbpasswd file)

In this example I store the smb.conf in /opt/SAMBA/lib
The directory structure will be in this case:

/opt/SAMBA/lib/smb.conf
/opt/SAMBA/locks
/opt/SAMBA/logs
/opt/SAMBA/var/locks
/opt/SAMBA/private

The a start nmbd/smbd with -s <path to smb.conf>

/Patrik

Mohamed, Amin wrote:

>HI
>
>I'm need to run samba version 2.2.8 and  2 smbd / nnbd processes in a single
>machine with two separate smb.conf files . They will runs on individual
>interfaces and how can I do that ? Tried all means that I know off ,  but to
>no avail. Please help.
>

>Thanks & rgs
>amin

>This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and
>private proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or
>privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the
>intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from
>your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must
>not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
>part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE
>GROUP and each legal entity in the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE
>ASSET MANAGEMENT business units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the
>right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views
>expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
>message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the
>views of any such entity.
>Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
>indicative  only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
>deal at any price quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions
>should be treated as  preliminary only and subject to our formal written
>confirmation.

"In a world without fences who needs Gates"
Patrik Gustavsson, Senior Technical Consultant
patrik.gustavsson at sun.com     Telephone: +46 60 671540
http://glen.sweden            Mobile: +46 70 3551040
SUN MICROSYSTEMS              Fax: +46 60 671550